Wednesday 5 June 2013

Menopausal and Premenstrual



This week has been the first week of night sweats, as opposed to night heats, which were actually pretty enjoyable in the cold weather. I'm also back to not sleeping, and so the fact that I have been feeling like killing people on a daily basis was something I put down to that - oh, and to doing some extra work - even though neither of these things usually disturb my sunny outlook.

I had a period three weekends ago, which was a bit of a shocker, came out of nowhere, and really wasn't an inconvenience at all - definitely a far cry from the flooding and cramps I'd been having up until before Christmas. What has come as more of a shock is that today I started another period. WHAAAAAAT! That's a 20 day cycle! A far cry from 50 days, 90 days etc - and NOT welcome!

I should have realised really, cos I had some breast tenderness - my foul mood, miraculously gone again today, was due to PMT.

On the downside I've been back to bloated, moody and am now cramping. With the added extra of having to roll around trying to find a cold spot to sweat on. On the upside - I may be imagining it, but I'm sure my skin has been better these last few weeks - I've had spots (how could I forget to mention the SPOTS!), but the texture of my skin hasn't been as dry. This is obviously because Ramona off Real Housewives is right, and it is having her period that keeps her young looking, rather than any other procedures.

All in all though - sod the skin, I'll take the whole 'no periods' thing any time....

No comments:

Post a Comment