Saturday 12 January 2013

Liebster Award



I've been nominated for a Liebster Award by Eve. Hers is a brilliant blog that I've been reading for ages, you probably all know it anyway, but if not, then go there NOW! Go on! You can come back and read this later!

So the deal is:

  • Link back to the person who nominated you
  • Write 11 random facts about yourself
  • Answer 11 questions written for you
  • Make up 11 new questions and nominate 11 other bloggers
11 Random Facts About Me

  1. I haven't seen my natural hair colour since 1982
  2. I hardly ever fancy men my own age because they usually look and act like they should be my dad
  3. I don't like the smell of dog
  4. I recently broke two beds in less than a month
  5. I've written two novels. They were both crap
  6. I am obsessed with James Hepburn, fourth Earl of Bothwell
  7. My favourite perfume is Lush Silky Underwear
  8. There can never be enough glitter in my life
  9. I pretend to only go to Doctor Who Conventions because of my son, but actually I LOVE THEM!
  10. I can flare my nostrils
  11. Like many medical staff, I secretly love emergency situations 
Questions I was asked
1. If you could have a superhero power for a day, what would it be?
Those x-ray eyes that can see through clothes. Yup, I am such a child.

2. Favourite job you've ever had?
Ooooh, difficult. But I'm going to plump for the one I have now, because I am so happy doing it - physio, part time in out-patients and learning disabilities

3. What would you buy first if you won the lottery?
Easy. This house.

4. Your favourite song/album?
SO HARD. Always changes. Today I shall choose 'Sheepskin Tearaway' by Peter Doherty and 'Joy 1967-1990' by Ultra Vivid Scene

5. Favourite dessert?
Eton mess

6. What did you want to be when you grew up?
An astronaut. There's still time.

7. Your proudest achievement?
Shamefully, whilst I am very proud of giving birth to my lovely son, this is actually getting three As at 'A' Level. It was 1983, I went to a comprehensive school and NO-ONE got three As at 'A' Level, it was unheard of at our school. The teachers wouldn't let me leave the room to open my results cos they all wanted to see my face, they were so chuffed. Quite sad that the peak of my achievement was age 18!

8. Biggest pet hate?
Another toughie. I am a very laidback person, but can sometimes be quite irritable about small things. Ah, got it. Jobsworths. People who can't see the wood of what they are supposed to be achieving for the trees of  pointless regulations. People more concerned with covering their arses than with helping people. As you can imagine, in the NHS there's a lot of this. Sadly, it still happens in the private sector too, and when it does it BUGS THE HELL OUT OF ME. 

9. Ideal date?
Beach walk and pub lunch

10. Do you believe in love at first sight?
Yes. I've had it happen to me a couple of times - not instant love but definitely that 'I KNOW you are for me and I KNOW it is going to happen'. Like with Steve - when I first saw him it was like he was under a spotlight, it was an eyes over a crowded room thing. And I knew.

11. Are you the big spoon or the little spoon?
Both cos I am a restless sleeper :-)

I Nominate:


My Questions Are:
1. Who is your inspiration?
2. If you could travel in time, where would you go?
3. What is your favourite book?
4. Do you have a motto?
5. What are you most proud of?
6. Where is your favourite place?
7. When, where and with whom was your first kiss?
8. If you were due to be executed, what would you choose as your final meal?
9. Which age did you most enjoy being?
10. If you could have dinner with any one historical character, who would you choose?
11. What do you normally drink on a night out?

No comments:

Post a Comment